LPSSMatters.com Forum Index LPSSMatters.com
A Forum for LPSS Alumni

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Fence at Lorne Park

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard Lukas ('79)
Student

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: New Fence at Lorne Park Reply with quote

So once again I was at Lorne Park and noticed that there is a new 8 - foot chain link fence ( coated in black plastic ) surrounding the playing field at Lorne Park . This must have been erected within the last month.
You cannot walk onto the field or into the bleachers at LPSS anymore.
The fence starts just behind the new scoreboard , goes all the way down the field to almost the entrance to " the Bridge ", curves left and goes down to the pathway which leads to Birchwood Drive.
The only place they didn't put it is along the other side of the field which would have ran across the backyards of residents of Birchwood Drive.
They would have objected , I think .
There are a few entrance gates but of course they are always locked.
The locks even have the Peel Board of Education logo engraved on the backs .
So all that's really missing is the razorwire! And the armed guard with a machine gun.
The only thing I can figure is there is a lot of non - school use of this field and considerable wear and tear. The field was replaced a few years ago and I recall the Spartans having to play their games all on the road.
I don't like the message this is sending .
I think the money used for this overkill fence should have been put towards rebulding or enlarging the bleachers .
What other high school in Mississauga has security as intense as ours ?
What happened to cause this ?
Also the tennis courts are in ruins with 3 - foot high weeds . I don't think they have been used in many years. Just enlarge the parking lot!
Finally, the electrical service has been hooked up to the new scoreboard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LPSSMatters.com Forum Index -> Alumni Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: